Opinions on Battle Rope exercise?

Started by MrPuppeh, August 2, 2015 · 4 Replies · 5,244 Views

MrPuppeh

What are your opinions on battle rope exercise ? ( heavy rope swinging exercise )

 

I tried it today for the first time and it felt like anaerobic conditiong to me.

 

I did the swings with both arms simultaneously and reached 60-ish something before my form and tempo broke down, haha I was hoping that I could do 100 atleast cuz it seemed kinda easy exercise

 

 

As I checked the exercise name the thing I did was the - Battle Rope Double Wave

bigB

Novel stimulus. I've heard some drummers use it to build endurance.

I don't see it helping GST.

MrPuppeh

I could imagine that some fighters might do it to build endurance

Jon Douglas

I quite like it, but I'm not going to add upper-body-based cardio on a regular basis to what is already a fairly hefty shoulder regime :)

Blairbob

It's fun and it's good for conditioning circuits/anaerobic work.

That's about it.