This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Starting without RC/PE1 Hinge Rows

Started by Count Gymnacula, August 2, 2015 · 2 Replies · 171 Views

Count Gymnacula

Hi there!

 

I just bought the F1 course, been reading the intro articles, the FAQ's and familiarizing myself with the proper way to do things, and intend to watch the F1 webinar latter today and take some notes, so pardon me if this is already been answered in the webinar.

 

My question is: Can I start the F1 course without performing the RC/PE1 Hinge rows? I will have to order some equipment in order to be able to train that movement but I wanted to start ASAP if that is reasonable and not counter-indicated.

 

When I get the equipment I need to perform the RC/PE1, I will have the presence of mind to start after a synchronized deload week, has to be able to keep the deload week synchronized for all movements.

 

Thanks in advance, have a great day! 

chuchodani

In my opinion you can ! But you must start from the beginning and perform course in the way it is structured as soon as you get the equipment. You can sometimes create a home made solution for some exercises. Another option is just to perform the mobility side of the exercise.

Sensei JP
Yes, there is no reason to delay. At the very least, you can test mastery of the other six elements, to see where you stand with them. As soon as you get your rings or whatever equipment you need, you can then test for your RC element.

 

For hinge rows, you may be able to use a long towel or a bedsheet in lieu of rings. I wrapped one around the top of the doorframe, so in between the door and where the door attaches to the wall, and I rowed on my towel until I got my rings set up. It was a little awkward but it worked.  Alternatively, if you can say put a bar across two chairs, you can use two smaller towel across the bar with the same general idea. Obviously, rings are best for this, but a little creativity can also help get things done.

 

Best of luck on your journey!