Bowers - An Advanced Pushup Variation

Started by Coach Sommer, March 17, 2008 · 29 Replies · 82,400 Views

Coach Sommer
Would it be acceptable to do the lift-offs in the PPP in a straddled position?

Absolutely.

Then as your strength improves, gradually decrease the straddle until you are performing them with legs together.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Erik Sjolin

Something occurred to me when I was doing the PPP (with leg raise). I caught a glance of myself in a mirror and thought that my back was curved. Turns out my scapula were just pushed back (like when you roll your shoulders forward and in). Should I focus on keeping them pushed into my back (rotating shoulders back and down), or does this really matter?

Blairbob

Were they like this at the top of the pushup? Sounds correct.

Longshanks

Although I'm years from being able to perform this movement I'm curious about using a different route to the same ending. Once proficient at HeSPU's and tuck PPP's, wouldn't it be a much smaller/more manageable leap to do the whole Bower on parallettes in a tuck position under tempo than the chest roll to headstand? It could then be progressed like yewki's by gradually extending out over time rather than having to use momentum in a much harder movement?

dnj23

Just when you thought the planche was the impossible, you see this