This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Straddle Up (MN/PE2) Form Check

Started by Daniel Taylor-Shaut, August 1, 2015 · 5 Replies · 140 Views

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Been trying to improve my form on the straddle tucks, are these moving in the right direction? Also been trying to go lower on the jefferson curls, let me know how they look.

 

Straddle Tucks: 

 

 

Jefferson Curls: 

 

 

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Any takers?

Keilani Gutierrez

I looked at the straddle up video and paused at :14-:15 and see that the height you sit up is a little low. i don't know where you started them from, but if you have seen improvement keep it going!

the jefferson curls look good, the head is the first thing to curl down and last to come back up. :)

edit: also, i noticed you separate your legs a little higher than just off the floor. i think exploring bringing your legs apart right from the ground when you begin the rep might expose a weakness and give you some easy return on your effort. that was something i saw myself doing early on and have been noticing a difference in the pull from the get go when i practice from time to time.

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

A-ha! I get it now! On the Straddle tucks, at least. Legs locked, straddle them the moment the feet lift off the ground, chest goes to perpendicular with the floor and legs do, too. I. am. not. there. yet. I understand what I need to now do, though. Will continue to work on the Jefferson curls in the interim.

Lina

It looks like it's a flexibility issue with your straddle ups. You need a lot more strength when you're working against your tight muscles. Improving your pancake flexibility will help in this case.

 

Jefferson Curl looks good to me. It's very slow, don't know if it has to be this slow.

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Yeah, I just like feeling the jefferson curls in my back as it loosens up my thoracic. But, yes, in revisiting the MN/PE2 video I realized how my feet aren't close to head height as is the case in the example video. I need to work on pancake flexibility and strength in that position. Full stop.