This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Help, dont understand the structure of the course

Started by Lucy, August 1, 2015 · 5 Replies · 254 Views

Lucy

HI

 

 I have just purchased the beginners series, Foundation 1 nad handstand .

 

 the foundation seems fairly straightforward but Im somewhat lost on the handstand part.

 

 I have done my pre tests on foundation and have been sent a  weekly schedule, does this include the handstand part ? or do I add that in addition, and if so would it be on the same day or on the rest days?

 

Also, the handstand course seems quite advanced. It appears to go from wrist exercises to balancing on the arms in prep for a free standing handstand. I am no where near being able to balance on my arms; is there a more preliminary set of exercises I should do to build me up to that?.. it feels quite overwhelming.

 

 Finally, is there a list of acronyms and where to find things anywhere? I am spending ages trying to find what everything means ?still haven't found FKP/PE1.

 

 Thanks in advance

 

Lucy xx

Dylan Robertson

Have you read the course intros? That should cover the majority of questions. Also, there is a workout scheduler where you can set everything up. Generally you would do a 4 day Foundation+ 2 Day Handstand.

Lucy

Thanks. yes I have read the inro to the foundation, I cant see an intro to the handstand course, just  a list of wrist exercises then straight into handstand.

 

 \where does it say to do 2 day handstands?

 

And where is the scheduler?

Dylan Robertson

the intro courses for foundation, there is also a section for the handstand course. There will be a button that says Intro Courses. Also you can schedule your workout in the My Workout Section.

Cole Dano

Lucy, you can also contact our support staff directly using the Help button in the bottom right corner.

 

The abbreviations, where used, are listed right after each element.

 

FKP = First Knuckle Push Up

 

So if you look under First Knuckle Push Ups in your course, you'll see in the title of the first one FKP/PE1

 

PE1 is the first Preparatory Element.

Lucy

Thank you Cole... I have found my full schedule now  ( it wasn't displaying on my device but now that I have printed it I can see the handstand element is built into my schedule).. apologies for my technical incompetence.

 

 I think I will just have to get used to the abbreviations as the terms become more familiar to me- Im new to the gymnastic world so all these terms are very alien to me. I can remember now that FL means front lever-Im sure I will remember them all as I progress through the course. ( Currently I have to keep referring back to remind myself)

 

 thank you all for your comments and your patience.