THE. Gymnastic Body

Started by Jesse Kim, July 31, 2015 · 20 Replies · 22,163 Views

Jesse Kim

Either male or female, which gymnastic physique were you most impressed by? For me, I think Jake Dalton, Sam Mikulak, and Yuri Van Gelder are quite impressive.

MvdB

Yuri van Gelder, but I'm biased because we're both Dutch :) Honestly, I am always impressed by 'gymnastic bodies'. I look forward to seeing what other people come up with. Pictures required, of course.

 

SID2360-Kopie-448x336.jpg

Jon Douglas

Not really sure about appearance... anyone that makes me go "Wow! How does that even" watching their training video :)

Pafke

Gelder definitely. :D

Sensei JP

I'm not sure if he is a gymnast, but Kenneth Gallarzo is the reason I picked up bodyweight / calisthenic training, and it eventually lead me to GB.  I want to be able to move with such control as he does, and if I end up looking like him, all the better!

 

Jesse Kim

I am always amazed by the gymnast physique, even way more so than body builders or fitness models.

Edoardo Cagnola

Jury Chechi. First cause he's Italian. Second because after retiring (and stop training, at least on rings) he still looks like that!

Ps. He's 45! ;)

Blairbob

You are all heathens.

It's all about Yordan Yovchev back in the day. Or one of the Chinese Rings guys.

Jesse Kim
Edoardo Cagnola said:

Jury Chechi. First cause he's Italian. Second because after retiring (and stop training, at least on rings) he still looks like that!

Ps. He's 45! ;)

Shoot, if I was like that at 45 (turning 21 in November), I'd be decent ;)

DonGray

Van Gelder yes! Brandon Wynn looks is probably the most muscular that I've seen recently & very low % bodyfat

Jay B.

Brandon Wynn

 

BrandonWynn05.jpg

strong-gymnast.jpg

 

whoever this guy is

bulges-gymnast3.png

Yuri Van Gelder

lichaam-van-yuri-van-gelder.jpg

Encho KeryazovEncho_keryazov_2.jpg

14545055555_f179c0a090_z.jpg

Jesse Kim

Any "tall" gymnasts? I know that 5'8 is pretty tall for a gymnast, but what about 5'10-11 or even 6 feet? I would pay a lot of money to see a 6 foot gymnast competing.

Wolf with one Ear

Watch college gymnastic competitions in the U.S.  There are a few at that height.   

Jesse Kim said:

Any "tall" gymnasts? I know that 5'8 is pretty tall for a gymnast, but what about 5'10-11 or even 6 feet? I would pay a lot of money to see a 6 foot gymnast competing.

Jay B.

Russell Czeschin and Jon-Michael Chombeau are 6'3"

Kipp Druecke is 6'2"

 

I doubt there are many taller gymnasts.

Jesse Kim

Thank Heavens! I'm 5'11, which is tall for GST I guess, but, being about 195-200 lbs, most movements are really taxing because of my weight-height ratio, I think I'll lose some pounds first before beginning GST.

Pafke

Littlebeastm and Tyson Edwards are pretty heavy and they are 5'11-5'10, they are not competitive gymnasts but they train gst, check them out on Youtube. :)

Jay B.

GST's Joshua Naterman might be the biggest-looking bodyweight guy I've ever seen outside of maybe some of those street guys on team beastmode (Lord Vital, Juice) who may be on steroids.

 

I've often wondered how much weight training Josh had before finding GST. Does anyone know?

Jay B.

Found pics of Russel Czeschin. He looks like a giant.

 

M1Y2009C023.jpg

M1Y2009C031.jpg

Jon Douglas
Jay B. said:

GST's Joshua Naterman might be the biggest-looking bodyweight guy I've ever seen outside of maybe some of those street guys on team beastmode (Lord Vital, Juice) who may be on steroids.

 

I've often wondered how much weight training Josh had before finding GST. Does anyone know?

 

A fair bit in Navy weightrooms I understand :) he posted a fair bit on this circa 2009- 2010.

Jurre

Even though i´m not a huge fan of him, Arthur Zanetti is huge.

korija
Jurre said:

Even though i´m not a huge fan of him, Arthur Zanetti is huge.

i dont have anything against zanetti.. just the judges  :angry: