This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

RC/PE2-iM Form Check

Started by HB_Ron, July 30, 2015 · 5 Replies · 76 Views

HB_Ron

I couldn't find a goddamn side view of this stretch. Am I even doing this iM correctly? :wacko:

Anyway,I'd like to mention that I WAS getting a stretch in my latissimus with the technique shown in the video.

 

Thanks !  :)

 

P.s. 

It'd be really helpful if someone could upload a video or at least a photo of this iM from a side view

Chris Garay

*Edited* It's very hard to tell how your body is positioned from the side view in this iM. Think about opening your armpit closer towards the ground, and leaning far to the side.

 

Best,

Chris

HB_Ron
Chris Garay said:

The video is currently set to private.

Hey Chris, it's fixed!

HB_Ron
Chris Garay said:

*Edited* It's very hard to tell how your body is positioned from the side view in this iM. Think about opening your armpit closer towards the ground, and leaning far to the side.

 

Best,

Chris

When I want to stretch my right lat for instance , I basically get my head next to my left armpit and I do a side flexion to the left as well. Is that wrong for this iM? Also, should I place the bar higher/lower?

Chris Garay

No, I don't think that's wrong. I would think about moving from your shoulders and hips though, and not just your head. The bar should about hip height (so that your torso is horizontal).

HB_Ron
Chris Garay said:

No, I don't think that's wrong. I would think about moving from your shoulders and hips though, and not just your head. The bar should about hip height (so that your torso is horizontal).

 

"The bar should about hip height (so that your torso is horizontal)" - This should be on the wiki !

Your cues are great. I've just tried the stretch on a window which is a little bit higher than my hips, I applied the cues and then I had a broad smile..because it made me feel so much at ease. :D

 

I'm on week 10(4x10r) at Hinge Row and soon I'll start PE2 which won't take long to master.  You literately saved me another few months focusing on this iM 

I appreciate your help, thank you Chris :)