This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Help keep my cardio accountable

Started by Alan Tseng, July 28, 2015 · 2 Replies · 15 Views

Alan Tseng

In the past I used to run 3 miles per day, however I stopped doing that 2-3 years ago.  Since then, I've tried on several occasions to restart that but I've always been met with the same issue: ankle pain and achilles tightness.  I think that most likely stems from my flat feet and my bunions. 

 

I would like to restart again.  My biggest motivation for that is that in a month from today I will be working at a job that requires to be moving around for 12 hours a day minimum.  Recently I moved to the city and got myself a bike.  Instead of running I like to use my bike as my form of cardio.  I would be using Coach Sommer's guidelines for cardio: moderate paced cardio 30-45 minutes, several times a week.

 

So by the time I start that job, I would like to bike at that recommendation 10 times.  The path I will be using is near me.  It's a 2.4 mile trail one-way next to the highway on one side of the trail, and next time to the ocean on the other side of the trail.

 

I make this thread in the hopes that GB can help me do that :).  It's not a particularly hard goal by any means, the harder part is carving out that time - and staying motivated.

 

Perhaps there's someone else out there is also looking to get their cardio accountable too.

Jon Douglas

What do you mean by 'accountable?' As in a motivation thing?

(Good plan by the way, I enjoy biking although I'm not a serious rider or anything)

Alan Tseng

Definitely a motivation thing, and see if there's anyone else out there doing it too :)