This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Stretch after one workout and before another?

Started by Mad Grappler, July 28, 2015 · 5 Replies · 290 Views

Mad Grappler

So, I woke up a bit late today (I am on vacation). I did my F1 four day split (4 exercises), followed by FS. I had Brazilian Jiu Jitsu about 1.5 hrs after I completed those routines. I will try to avoid this in the future, but the question is is this ordering a bad thing since stretch is to be completed after a workout? I didn't feel terrible at BJJ class, but I didn't feel magnificent either. Thanks for your help.

Cole Dano

If it's just a one off, no sense in worrying about it.

Mad Grappler

Great, thanks Cole!

Itamar sha'ashuaS
Cole Dano said:

If it's just a one off, no sense in worrying about it.

I don't know if I understand this thread right.. but from what I understand you're saying that it's a bad thing to do stretch session after foudnation/handstand session? I saw here in the forum that it's a great thing because you're already warmed up..

Cole Dano

In this case the OP also had a BJJ class soon after. He felt it was a bit too much and would have been better off doing stretch after the class.

Mad Grappler

Cole, this is correct! I decided to do it before because I am usually dead tired after BJJ and it's pretty late when I get home. Not ideal conditions for working out, at least for me. I have since mitigated by doing GB routines early morning. This frees up the rest of my day to go OFO