This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SLS with past medial meniscus surgery? (PE2 im hurts)

Started by Lina, July 26, 2015 · 6 Replies · 227 Views

Lina

Hello everyone,

 

I've got very bad knee joints (surgery was in 08/14, parts of medial meniscus got removed on both sides) and I'm struggling with the mobility exercise from PE2. When I'm doing the twisting squat I often feel pain in the medial knee joint, of course I don't continue then. My doctor didn't prohibit me any sort of movement. So here are my questions:

 

1) Is it recommandable to try to build up to a SLS with my background in general?

2) If yes, what should I do with the joint pain in PE2im? Stay there and try to see if it gets better? Are there alternative mobility options? I did a video of it if needed for evaluation (you see my mobility is poor and it hard to control this movement).

 

Does anyone have a similar problem and has experiences?

 

 

 

 

Coach Sommer

It is not necessary to immediately begin these with full ROM.

 

You should maximally reduce the ROM of this movement until you are pain free.  This will mean beginning with your hips sitting on something.  How high will depend entirely upon your knees' response.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Jeremy Huston

Use something like this.  Start at a height that is pain free and gradually lower it (over the course of months) until it's full ROM.  For what it's worth, I too had medial meniscus surgery and had pain at full ROM when starting out.  I used this method to master the movement and can do it painfree now. 

 

step-champions1.jpg

Lina

Thanks =) It's great that there are possibilities and I don't have to stop these. Also nice to hear that this worked for you, Jeremy! Motivates me to reach this point, too.

Cole Dano

There are always possibilities.

Mark Collins

Slowing down the movement will also help. That way if you feel any bad pain you can stop immediately before any aggravation occurs.

Lina

Good idea, I'll do this, too!