This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Jefferson Curl form check

Started by Alessandro Di Sanzo, July 26, 2015 · 7 Replies · 125 Views

Alessandro Di Sanzo

Hi!

I've started to practice Jefferson Curl with 35 kg, more or less 65% of my bodyweight.

Before continuing to add more and more weight I would like to be sure if the exercise is done correctly.

Here's a video:

 

 

How about my form? Is there something to fix?

 

Also, before adding additional weight could it be a good plan to be able to perform 5 set * 5 reps fairly easy?

Thanks to all!

 

 

 

Edoardo Cagnola

Hey! They look pretty good to me (you know I'm not an expert though). Maybe you should try to keep your butt over your feet so that your legs are perpendicular to the ground at all times.

On another note, I don't think you should pick up the bar like that to get into the starting position, it seems like a very easy way to get hurt! Why don't you place it on the box before going up? That way you avoid doing a reeeeally deep deficit deadlift! I could be wrong, but that seemed pretty dangerous!

Buona domenica :)

Sean Hunter

Keep your chin to to your chest until you are at the top of the movement. 

Alessandro Di Sanzo
Edoardo Cagnola said:

Hey! They look pretty good to me (you know I'm not an expert though). Maybe you should try to keep your butt over your feet so that your legs are perpendicular to the ground at all times.

On another note, I don't think you should pick up the bar like that to get into the starting position, it seems like a very easy way to get hurt! Why don't you place it on the box before going up? That way you avoid doing a reeeeally deep deficit deadlift! I could be wrong, but that seemed pretty dangerous!

Buona domenica :)

Ciao Edoardo!

You know, I guess what you wrote is not at all a stupid thought. There is another issue to take care, I broke my anterior cruciate two months ago while playing soccer. Going up to the box with the barbell on my hands seems like a suicide, I tried this way months ago with much less wieght... not a great idea :facepalm: . Maybe the best way is to get on the box, then ask someone to pass me the barbell.

Besides, since barbell is not right under my feet, but a bit forward, it is allowed that my legs are not exactly perpendicular... at least that's what I remember I read time ago... Different story, for example, is MN/PE8>iM, where legs should be perpendicular to the ground. (If I am writing something wrong correct me, please! :lol: )

 

 

 

Alessandro Mainente

Open your chest at the top to roll all the nodes of the spine.

Hold the bar closer to the body and legs until necessary. with necessary i mean when you need to move it forward to pass over the steps.

chuchodani

When thinking about increase the weight Coach said that with mobility you should pass through the 3 phases: overload- load- underload. If the actual weight feels like nothing, you should increase the weight. And also remember to spend some time on the weight when you reach the point when it feel like nothing in order to let your body recover.

Edoardo Cagnola

Sorry to hear about your injury! It must be very frustrating! Are you going to operate? A friend of mine did recently (around a year ago) and I have to say it, the recovery process isn't exactly that fun, but it's definitely worth it since now he has regained all functions in the knee! But I guess every situation is different..

Best wishes for your recovery :)

Alessandro Di Sanzo
Edoardo Cagnola said:

Sorry to hear about your injury! It must be very frustrating! Are you going to operate? A friend of mine did recently (around a year ago) and I have to say it, the recovery process isn't exactly that fun, but it's definitely worth it since now he has regained all functions in the knee! But I guess every situation is different..

Best wishes for your recovery :)

Yep, the decision was up to me, and I choose surgery. I think I know I have to work consistently to recover soon. unluckily I have to wait at least 6 months for surgery, but I want to follow advices of the GB community! Thanks to All! Grazie Edoardo! :)