This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

sPL / PE5

Started by mark98, July 24, 2015 · 4 Replies · 200 Views

mark98

I just started with PE5 this morning and I'm feeling pretty good with the planche lean but I was wondering if I am leaning forward enough. I'm not even close to being able to hold all 5 sets of 30 seconds with quality form but I wanted to get some general feedback on this move before I move along to quickly. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

 

chuchodani

You need to lean more forward, but don't rush into it, build your lean slowly and carefully. Protract and depress harder, engage more that PPT. Use something to reduce the friction of your feet. A higher view would be even better. If you haven't already, read this: https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/19748-spl-pe-5-planche-lean/

Alessandro Mainente

More lean, more scapular depression and move the feet and ankles closer.

mark98

So i scaled back where I thought I was for this progression big time and I'm starting on week 2 (5x6s). I took a second video taking into account all of the advice you guys gave me -- feet closer together, mat on ground to reduce friction, video PoV a little higher, more lean, and more scapular depression. I can already tell a big difference just by watching the video but I want to run it by you guys again just so when I'm moving on from here I know im doing it right.

 

The only real question I have left is regarding my back. Does the protraction and depression look good in this video? I am having trouble in finding the sweet spot between enough protraction / depression and having a rounded back while doing these.

 

Jason Dupree

My eye is a little less trained than others, but it seems like you need much more depression still, and the back less rounded. For the roundness, I think just enough to fully protract, no more. You actually hit this just before you start leaning in your second vid. For the depression, always fully depress in plank before leaning. Your Lats will become visible, and you will feel Lats and serratus working hard through the whole set. I would bet you don't feel this with current form