I guess my topic title says it all... ![]()
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Using some momentum in korean dips?
Started by Jcweldingh, July 23, 2015 · 3 Replies · 161 Views
Zach Armijo said:It is a bit necessary to carry the hips back forward until you are able to press back up. The control and slower tempo will just come with time.
Thanks ![]()
I am still not fully consistent with these,(pronated grip). However, I found that it was timing more than momentum that is an important,critical issue.
The momentum is all directed posteriorly, backward, until that instant when you stop, and the tension in your arms acts as a 'spring' to start a subtle forward movement ( almost an inertia). At this instant, keeping the shoulders back, chest up, gaze up, and pressing down and out with the triceps allows a smooth uprise. Generating force or a push prior to, or after that correct instant results uniformly in failure, for me.
Some swing is necessary. I struggled with them for a couple of weeks, feeling like I was scrapping along the bar, and having trouble getting my butt past the bar. Once you figure out the timing of the swing, though, they feel great.