This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

What's wrong with my back

Started by BeanLion, July 22, 2015 · 16 Replies · 419 Views

BeanLion

So I've been working a lot on my flexibility recently and my pike has gotten better but I can't understand what is happening with my lower back.

As you can see on the photo it bends in then out. Do you know what is causing this and the best way to fix it?

Thanks

Ta, forgot to click attach!

post-3167-0-32114800-1437583578_thumb.jp

chuchodani

There is no picture, try to upload it again.

Edoardo Cagnola

Do you (or used to) deadlift a lot?

BeanLion

No, never did a whole lot of deadlifting. Did do it though before I started properly on foundation, but never lifted a massive amount. Probably about 120kg at most.

Had an office job for most of my life, so a lot of sitting.

korija

My friend has that also, im fairly sure its a genetic factor.. dont quote on me this tho XD

Edoardo Cagnola

I've asked because I know some people can get a "weird" hypertrophy out of deadlift, especially in the lombar area, that can lead to strange a looking back. Like this guy: c'mon, seriously? :D

post-14515-0-97103900-1437595032_thumb.j

korija
Edoardo Cagnola said:

I've asked because I know some people can get a "weird" hypertrophy out of deadlift, especially in the lombar area, that can lead to strange a looking back. Like this guy: c'mon, seriously? :D

Holy...!

BeanLion

Damn, that is some odd looking muscle. I tried to take some pictures of my back just now but they didn't come out very well. Might try again when it's day so there's better light.

It feels like if I bend over to 90 degrees, I have to rotate my hips anterior as much as possible and curl up to straighten my back. My whole back then feels tight up the spine.

Jon Douglas

Huh. That's quite striking.

How are you with Jefferson curls? Are you able to roll up the lumbar spine or do they come up as a 'lump'-- like pearls on a necklace if you glued the pearls together?

BeanLion

Not sure about the Jefferson curls, has been a while since I've filmed it. I'll try and take a video of it tomorrow to upload.

BeanLion

My friend has seen this thread and she thinks it is my muscle causing this. I got her to take a picture for me

post-3167-0-04666400-1437657905_thumb.jp

Edoardo Cagnola

Diagnosis: your lower back is buff :)

Cole Dano
BeanLion said:

My friend has seen this thread and she thinks it is my muscle causing this. I got her to take a picture for me

 

That's all it is. Another case of mutant lower back. 

BeanLion

I like the sound of buff rather than the harsh reality of mutant. At least it's just my lower back and I'm not walking around looking like I should be resigned to a bell tower.

 

I guess I should try and find some stretches to make this part of me more mobile.

Cole Dano

It's just the way your lower back has developed, mobility wise it looks normal. 

 

You can tell by looking at your spine, which is not sticking out at all. It's just surrounded by two mountains of muscle which are deceiving when viewed from the side.

Jon Douglas

Yeah, I'm no osteopath but that doesn't look like anything worried about from that angle. Just be proud of your invincible lumbar :)