This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Daily TB stretches/mobilizations to do?

Started by Sean Hunter, July 22, 2015 · 5 Replies · 488 Views

Sean Hunter

I know that the TB course should only be done once a week, but I'm curious. 

 

What are some thoracic bridge exercises i could do daily for general mobility and well-being?

 

Nothing really pushing into new ranges, just getting some activity in that area. 

 

Thanks!

Keilani Gutierrez

keeping in mind your recovery, some of the individual portions (flexion, extension, capsule stretches) to work on your tight bits or some of the band work for limbering up is nice. my shoulder likes a little bit of a longer warm up before I get going, so i keep it at mobility intensity(not strenuous).

if anything starts teetering into "too much" just remember to keep it in a limbering fashion. like instead of doing rocking tables for 2min, perhaps getting the blood moving with reps. YMMV.

Luzian

I've recently started doing those two daily:

What do you guys think about 'em?

MT Nordic

max shank's video looks good. that plus some t-spine (avoid the L-spine!) foam rolling will be helpful limbering exercises on a regular basis.  I also think it's ok to do some bridges each day, at whatever level you're at. 

Enkidu

I was considering doing several of the iM's from the FL, HBP, RC, and H1 daily to assist with mobilizing the entire shoulder girdle and thoracic spine. Nothing crazy, just maybe 10-15 minutes of daily light mobilization work with 1-2 iMs for each.

Keilani Gutierrez

I'd try experimenting and moving your bridge stretches after working on either Fa, Fb or your Handstand workout and see which one your body thrives on. I've been doing it after my Fa(RC, sPL, HBP, FL) WOD for the past two months and I prefer it over doing it after H1, even though i notice my upper body likes PE4 from H1 prior to bridging...so in place of doing a bunch of mobility, i simply allocated a workout to a different day and use one PE from a course in addition to the bridge series to get me going after the workout. this stems from my shoulder needing a longer warm up to get into action in comparison to my lower body, because i tried the whole daily mobilization stuff and it aggravated my shoulder joint, pushing my dislocates and sPL / HBP training back.