This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

25 days on the road

Started by Edoardo Cagnola, July 22, 2015 · 9 Replies · 213 Views

Edoardo Cagnola

Hi there! Next I'm leaving for a road trip (kind of) in West Canada for around 25 days. I'm almost never staying in one place for more than one night and I'll probably not gonna have access to equipment (and neither have time) to train more than once a week, if that.

I'm now following Foundation, H1 and the stretch courses and I would like to hear your thoughts about what should I prioritize when I manage to find some time to train. I was thinking that I should just stretch since from what I know strength can be regained in a few weeks, while flexibility may take longer.

Any kind of input would be more than appreciated! Thanks :)

korija

how can you be so busy that you dont have time to train more than once a week?... anyhow i would do my weakest elements first

Edoardo Cagnola

Oh man, this kind of trips are amazing but can be really exhausting and the days can be really long! But thanks for the advice, I'll surely prioritize my weaknesses.

vinca_minor

remembering my long road trips of yore, before i knew about bodyweight fitness and GST, i laid around in hotel rooms and in my tent reading or watching TV, depending on my access to technology.   definitely had enough time to run through an F7 + H once or twice a week.

 

i was also young and single and not a dad, so there were no demands on my time that I didn't make, and those road trips were vacations.

thecolin
korija said:

how can you be so busy that you dont have time to train more than once a week?... anyhow i would do my weakest elements first

 

Because he's a crazy Italian who's used to driving between cities and wants to do the same in Canada probably. :) (I've had many conversations with Italians, trying to explain to them the vast difference in scale between the two countries.)

 

Anyways, it's a vacation, don't sweat it too much. Even if you slip a bit, you should bounce back quickly. Do it when you feel like it, otherwise take it easy. Then get back to the grindstone when you're home.  B-)

Edoardo Cagnola

Ahah Italians can be stubborn! However I know how the distances are in that part of the world very well :)

Thanks for your input, I'll surely find some time occasionally because I love GST, but I'm not gonna sacrifice things from the trip itself to do it :)

thecolin

A quick warning as well, I'm don't know where you're traveling exactly but there a huge number of forest fires in western Canada right now and some heavy water restrictions as well. So you'll probably want to check out the situation is wherever you're going to, especially if you're camping. (I've also had many conversations about the differences between Canadian camping and Italian campeggio.  :D )

Edoardo Cagnola

Thanks for the hint man, I appreciate it! :) I'll be in Calgary and Vancouver (and in the parks between the two cities). It should be pretty pretty pretty cool :)

Ryan Reynolds

Enjoy your trip Edoardo!  Welcome to Canada.

Edoardo Cagnola

Thanks mate! I'm sure I will, Canada is a beautiful a place to be :)