I can see that RC/PE2-5 (ring rows) is shown with a regular grip. But I am wondering if it would be beneficial to do this with a false grip? And to do it with a turnout at the bottom? Does anybody do it like this? I am currently at PE3.
Thanks
Espen
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Espen Lofthus, July 21, 2015 · 4 Replies · 179 Views
I can see that RC/PE2-5 (ring rows) is shown with a regular grip. But I am wondering if it would be beneficial to do this with a false grip? And to do it with a turnout at the bottom? Does anybody do it like this? I am currently at PE3.
Thanks
Espen
This is not necessary; if you want to do these in your warmups once you have mastered the course version go ahead, but there are more benefits in completing and moving up a progression as shown ![]()
Thorough false grip work is addressed in the Rings series.
I've found that a false grip makes the top portion of a row (touching the rings to your chest) significantly easier.
I think there'd be more benefit focusing on developing full retraction, rings-to-chest ROM with a regular grip first, since this is the most difficult portion of the move to develop. Otherwise you're just skipping the opportunity to develop strength in that portion of the movement.
That makes sense, thanks for clarifying :-)
false grip increases a lot the stress on the medial part of the elbows. it is not a case that who suffers from epitrocleitis feels an increased pain sensation while holding a false grip.
so basically no reason to add more stress on unprepared body.