This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

F1 for rehabilitation & joint pain

Started by 87seph, July 21, 2015 · 3 Replies · 158 Views

87seph

Hello all,

 

I'm stepping into F1 & H1 as I exit the military.  I seemed to have collected different aches and pains in my short time, and lost a great deal of mobility and flexibility.  Judging from others success and the methodical approach of the system, I believe both programs will help me move past these injuries.

 

What other steps can I do to really focus on joint strength and motion? Powedered collagen and fish oil are daily staples.  More walking? Hold off on running, do more?

 

I'm 28, 170#, 5'8", and my issues are; chronic neck pain; knees that crack and pop like rice crispies; wrist pain (started a thread for this in H1); intermitent lower back pain; and a weak back (can't sit up straight for long periods). In addition, I'm hoping that post-military I can find a reputable sports physician who can guide me in the right direction.

 

Thanks for the help,

-Mike

Edgar Hernandez Celli

My recommendation is to find the balance between the training days and the rest days. I am actually training 3 days a week F1.

Mondays: sPL and SL  

Wednesdays: HBP and MN

Fridays: FL, RC and SLS

 

in between (Tuesdays and Thursdays) I work on Handstands and my shoulder mobility using the iMs ei: wrist work + Handstand work (PE1) + iM1 + iM2 + iM 5. This combination has worked fine for me. Im actually in 6 months of GST and my shoulders are getting stronger and painless in the moment. Keep in mind that the time you put in on damaging your soft tissue is the time you'll need to work so you can regain the soft tissue strength... that is it will take years (in my case, i'm 30 years old) to overcome your soft tissue and mobility deficits. Patiences is your best friend in this moment.

Jon Douglas

Obviously a suitable PT is the most direct path to addressing issues.

In terms of F/H work, personally I'd think about erring on the side of higher volume (per session, not necesarily more sessions/week) to prioritise rehab, progressing slightly slower than I thought I could do to give each element plenty of time to do its thing. Running the week 9-12 cycle on each element regardless of whether you can test through it or not is a simple way to do this.

Given knee issues, unless you need it for work etc I would drop the running and up the walking. Quality first is the rule all round here of course, but it's especially true when dealing with injuries.

87seph

Thanks you both for your responses.

 

Jon,  can you expand on what you mean by "running the week 9-12 cycle on each element"?

 

Thanks,

-Mike