This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HBP/PE3 (PPP) Form Check

Started by chuchodani, July 21, 2015 · 8 Replies · 162 Views

chuchodani

Hey guys ! Please check my form. Thanks !

 

LateStarter@46

Just needs less wriggling :) and more lean in my opinion.

 

Your video made me look more closely at how the elbow of the model in the course video moves - a kind of equal back and forward double movement. Your elbow movement differs because you're not leaning/reaching forwards so much in the bottom position.

Chris Garay

Nice musical choice. Definitely lean forward more, both at the top and bottom of each rep. This will go right along with protracting further at the top of each rep as well.

 

You might not need the frisbee under your toes also. Just keep your bodyline rigid, and work that forward lean!

 

Best,

Chris

chuchodani
LateStarter@46 said:

Just needs less wriggling :) and more lean in my opinion.

 

Your video made me look more closely at how the elbow of the model in the course video moves - a kind of equal back and forward double movement. Your elbow movement differs because you're not leaning/reaching forwards so much in the bottom position.

Thanks for your critique ! I totally agree with it.

chuchodani
Chris Garay said:

Nice musical choice. Definitely lean forward more, both at the top and bottom of each rep. This will go right along with protracting further at the top of each rep as well.

 

You might not need the frisbee under your toes also. Just keep your bodyline rigid, and work that forward lean!

 

Best,

Chris

Thanks Chris ! I always tend to use something slippery to increase difficulty, but I wont use it again. Gotta work on that lean definitely.

Music was made by myself I sampled the music from a jazz track, I have a YouTube channel for hip hop instrumental music.    

Cole Dano

As Chris says, no need for a slider here, only in the sPL progressions.

chuchodani
Cole Dano said:

As Chris says, no need for a slider here, only in the sPL progressions.

Thanks for reinforce that point !

Alessandro Di Sanzo

Recently I noticed that as I lower and reach bottom position I hit the ground only with my chin.

Something like this:

 

post-10847-0-58151800-1437567152_thumb.p

 

I guess I need to fix this point. While viewing chucodani and demonstration videos, I realized that their bodies are closer to the ground compared to mine. It looks that @chucodani touches with quadriceps and chest!

I used to touch chest and quads while performing HBP/PE2, so I guess the concept should be the same even for HBP/PE3, am I right?

 

 

 

 

chuchodani
mauler said:

Recently I noticed that as I lower and reach bottom position I hit the ground only with my chin.

Something like this:

 

attachicon.gifpseudo.png

 

I guess I need to fix this point. While viewing chucodani and demonstration videos, I realized that their bodies are closer to the ground compared to mine. It looks that @chucodani touches with quadriceps and chest!

I used to touch chest and quads while performing HBP/PE2, so I guess the concept should be the same even for HBP/PE3, am I right?

Yes, you're right, chest and quads should touch the floor.