Hello everyone
I have been doing a BTGB steady state integrated training cycle for 7 weeks now (the longest I have ever stuck to a "self-designed" strength training plan) that has included the most basic front lever, back lever, planche and L-sit progressions coupled with fundamental bodyweight exercises. I've gone from not being able to do a front lever tuck at all to 6 x 10 sec holds and I feel very comfortable doing the other progressions in 6 x 10 sec holds as well. Whilst still at the very basic level I now feel that I need to change things up at the end of this week by re-testing and increasing hold durations.
I would like to know which fundamental static holds (including handstands) give the best strength gains as I box 3 times a week and only manage about 3 BTGB routines per week. At this early stage should I focus on the same 4 static holds each training day or should I cycle 6-8 holds throughout the week (as I do with fundamental body-weight exercises)? I don't know if it makes any difference to exercise strength gains but I am 6 feet tall and weigh in at 172 lbs.
Apologies if this should be in the beginner section but this forum seems to have more active feedback and advice.