Hi,
I'm really enjoying the front split program and have introduced the idea to my mother who is in her late 70s. She's quite strong and mobile for her age, but will definitely have some difficulty doing things like the single pike, the vertical lunge bent and other positions that need some strength or a basic level of mobility.
It's not a simple matter of scaling i.e. just needing to back off the position a bit, it's that she probably won't even be able to get into some of the positions in the first place - I struggle with some of them and I'm a sprightly young 52 y.o.
So we haven't bought the program for her just yet.
Does anyone know if there is a way to scale this program right back or should we be looking for a different and much gentler program? If the latter, can someone make any suggestions for programs that use the long duration holds for reshaping connective tissue over a year or two and not just the hold 30s and feel the muscle relax model?
Incidentally, I particularly like this course because it only needs to be done once per week and I can actually commit to it. A once a week program would be best if there is such a thing.
Thanks.
Andrew.