This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Trouble With Twisting Squat

Started by jonah adam, July 20, 2015 · 4 Replies · 198 Views

jonah adam

Hello,

 

I was able to get through the first SLS strength and mobility work quite quickly, so I expected that SLS progression 2 would not be too bad. But I seem to be having a ton of trouble with the twisting squat. I can do all necessary reps for mastery for the strength element but cannot even complete one rep of the twisting squat. Do you guys have any tips/cues that you think could help me out?

jonah adam

It's mostly the initial getting up with balance and the weight on the outsides of my ankles that I have trouble with.

Jon Douglas

Are you able to descend into it with comfort/control?

Mark Collins

Instead of sitting on the chair all the time break it up regularly with sitting cross legged on the floor. When you stand up you can use your arms to assist. Doing this daily will improve your mobility dramatically.

You can start doing twisting squats from a box/step to a range that is easier. As you improve use a lower box until you can do them off the floor.

jonah adam

Thanks for the tip, Mark! Really appreciate it. I'll try to implement those in the coming weeks.