This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Traps in Flexion

Started by Jason Dupree, July 17, 2015 · 2 Replies · 252 Views

Jason Dupree

Where exactly should the traps be burning during flexion exercises? The top part, between the shoulder blades, or both? I'm having trouble feeling it during the exercises, but they are definitely getting worked because afterwards they get sore. I just want to be sure I'm using the right activation, because while I can do pe1 im, I can't even get my arms off the floor on the prone floor handstand.

Alexander Egebak

I feel it in my upper traps, going into the neck. But I am doing headstands.

Cole Dano

The various extension mobility drills in H1 will each have a slightly different emphasis so each may feel somewhat different. In general the full flexion the entire trap is being used.

 

Also, since everyone is different it's not uncommon for these to feel different to different people.

 

The main idea to be concerned with is shape. Shoulders elevate, protract, ribs tucked, and arms in line with the body.