This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Crossfit options in workout planner

Started by Mike N, July 17, 2015 · 12 Replies · 594 Views

Mike N

Hi,

 

The workout planner provides two 2-day schedules called "Crossfit standard" and "Crossfit mobility block" but I've found no other information on here about these and how they're meant to be used. Is there an existing thread on this that someone can refer me to please, or alternatively is it possible to provide some detail?

 

Thanks in advance,

 

Mike

sjo

I'd be interested to know what those are too.

William Day

I would be interested too. I did a search of the forum, but didn't find anything.

Mark Collins

What is your current Crossfit schedule? What programming are you following? What is your training priority/main goal?

sjo

I'm still figuring out how much CF I will do, and when. I'm starting my second week of GST tomorrow. I would like to CF/lift twice a week, but that may change. I am doing GST twice per week, stretching at least once, and doing jump rope or rowing a few times.

Mike N

Hi Mark,

 

Thanks for your reply.  My schedule is generally 4/5 sessions a week and I tend to cherry-pick lift days and short/heavy metcons plus maybe one longer metcon.  I would think to chop this back while I get to grips with Foundations, but my question was really to do with understanding what was being provided by the CF workout planner options rather than a general request for advice on scheduling - more than happy to have that as well though.

 

Kind regards,

 

Mike

Mark Collins

At 4-5 Crossfit sessions a week I wouldn't do Foundation and Handstand more than once a week. When I was combining CF and GST I had most success in doing my GST at the start of the workout when I was fresh. Alternatively you could do all of F7 and H1 on one day and drop a CF session. You will need to experiment with your volume depending on how well you progress.

I like to plan my workouts old school with a pen and paper so I am not the best person to help you with the online planner.

Mark Collins
sekoiaj said:

I'm still figuring out how much CF I will do, and when. I'm starting my second week of GST tomorrow. I would like to CF/lift twice a week, but that may change. I am doing GST twice per week, stretching at least once, and doing jump rope or rowing a few times.

You need to concrete in your mind what you want to do otherwise you cannot program for best results. In the mean time what you are doing looks to be a good balance.

sjo
Mark Collins said:

You need to concrete in your mind what you want to do otherwise you cannot program for best results. In the mean time what you are doing looks to be a good balance.

Thanks for your reply Mark.  I am probably also going to go old school with my planning.  CF leaves too  many things up in the air since you do not know what the workouts will be day to day, or how your body will feel the next day as a result.  I am also still discovering how my body is recovering from GST.  I haven't started H1 yet, but am doing the full F7 each session.   The demands are different from CF, and recovery demands a bit more delayed, but they do creep up.  Very  much enjoying it.  I am hoping my goals will get more concrete with time.  Generally I need to rehab and strengthen my shoulder, and beyond that I'd like to my return my flexibility to my pre-CF days and then improve on it.  Thoracic and shoulders are tight.  A strict MU will be huge.

Mike N
Mark Collins said:

At 4-5 Crossfit sessions a week I wouldn't do Foundation and Handstand more than once a week. When I was combining CF and GST I had most success in doing my GST at the start of the workout when I was fresh. Alternatively you could do all of F7 and H1 on one day and drop a CF session. You will need to experiment with your volume depending on how well you progress.

I like to plan my workouts old school with a pen and paper so I am not the best person to help you with the online planner.

Hi Mark,

 

Thanks very much for your reply. I am thinking in terms of cutting CF to 2/3 sessions based on feel and what turns up in the programming. Our box has set days for squat/hinge/press strength, plus an Oly club day with the other three being longer metcons. The days are fixed so even if I don't know the exact workout until the day before, I can plan around it. I'm thinking generally to do the press/hinge strength days mostly, with a bit of squatting every 2/3 weeks to keep that ticking along. I will see how things go as I get into more of a rhythm with F1/H1, if I need to cut back further I will, as I want to get established with a good GST routine rather than relegating it to being a side discipline.

 

Kind regards,

 

Mike

Mike N

Cory, are you able to comment on what the CF planning options are about please?

 

Thanks in advance,

 

Mike

Kevin Rohrbach

A description of how the CF options are meant to be implemented would also interest me.

 

Thanks in advance!

Coach Sommer

Guys, you know better than that.  We never comment on projects that are forthcoming.  The current listing is a placeholder only at this time.

 

You will need to (im)patiently wait for further developments.  ;)

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer