Stall Bars- best ones to get?

Started by Jasson Zurilgen, July 17, 2015 · 12 Replies · 6,268 Views

Jasson Zurilgen

I am looking to purchase a pair of stall bars and would greatly appreciate a brand/type recommendation.

Thanks!

Cole Dano

Keep an eye out for an official GB Gear announcement on our stall bars.

Daniel Taylor-Shaut
Cole Dano said:

Keep an eye out for an official GB Gear announcement on our stall bars.

When? How much? I fathom they will be quality, but --- okay I'll just keep an eye out.

Bro'

I just hope they'll be made of gymnast connective tissue.

Cole Dano

I already said more than I should.

Ramboni

But not as much as you could

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Nor as much as he will, lol.

Dylan Robertson

Very excited for these now, I think that we will all be waiting for more info on this....

ChrisN
Cole Dano said:

Keep an eye out for an official GB Gear announcement on our stall bars.

I suspect that the price of these bars plus tax and shipping will likely be at a premium. Would you consider selling coach approved detailed construction plans for those of us on a budget and/or located abroad where shipping wouldn't be viable? Thanks :)

Daniel Krammer

I am looking to buy stall bars now and have narrowed it down to the gibson stall bars. My question is which width should i be looking for? The standard are 36" wide while the junior are 24" wide. Any guidance as to which ones would work better would be great.

William Trask
On July 17, 2015 at 1:33 AM, Cole Dano said:

Keep an eye out for an official GB Gear announcement on our stall bars.

@Cole Dano & @Coach Sommer,

I'm curious how things are coming regarding GB stall bars... 

I've been chatting with Adam at https://infitnessequipment.com who seems to have good craftsmanship and just want to make sure I make the best long term decision on the stall bar set-up. Any preference for the top rung offset? I see pretty significant variations 5-inch to 2-inch.

Thanks for the input and insight to GB approved stall bars.

Coach Sommer

I personally am not in favor of adults working on most brands of wooden stall bars.  For larger adults the wooden rails have a tendency to crack over time.

My favorites at the moment are the steel stall bars from Rogue; built like a tank.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Luke Searra

new-stall-bars-h2.jpg