Hi everyone,
I have recently taken the plunge and bought the F1/H1 starter pack, and have spent a while getting my head around the materials. I've found answers here on the forum to most of my questions but there is one thing I wanted to check, regarding what seem to be two alternative approaches for initial test-out for F1.
https://courses1.gymnasticbodies.com/f-start/
This is the "Getting Started" page which allows for fast-tracking by achieving mastery in each exercise as they appear in the normal schedule, going as far through the progression series as my current abilities will take me. I am cautiously optimistic (but by no means certain!) that I might reach PE2 or even PE3 in a couple of them through this route.
https://courses1.gymnasticbodies.com/foundation-one-assessment/
This is the follow-along video assessment that I can see was added later to ease the assessment process. From what I can see this calls for all 7 attempts to be performed in immediate succession for the PE1-level movements only, so that following a single assessment session it will build a schedule containing potentially some PE2-week-1 exercises but nothing further along than that. It also says not to worry about perfect form "for now", so in one way it is harder than the Getting Started approach because all 7 areas are tested back-to-back, but then it is less rigorous over form.
Is that a correct understanding? I'd like to begin this program on the right foot with regard to being rigorous, and it would seem that the Getting Started approach is more likely to be the "gold standard", but would be glad to have it confirmed by those here who know for sure.
Thanks in advance,
Mike