This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

DOMS

Started by Mad Grappler, July 15, 2015 · 4 Replies · 254 Views

Mad Grappler

Ladies and Gents,

I started FS yesterday. Today, I have soreness in my groin area and my calves. I don't have much in my hamstring and none in my quads. I suspect that the soreness in the calves is due to the calf raises. Has anyone experienced this? Should I go slightly deeper? I am really tight and went as far as I could yesterday without tearing my s*!t up.

DouglasMN

Soreness hits us all a little differently depending on where our deficits are. I had some pretty serious soreness in my calves and ankles the first few sessions because all of the calf raises were a wake up call for my legs. My hips and quads complained a lot for a few days after the first few sessions too, but I have very little soreness (and none in my calves) now after having solidified the habit over the last 2-3 months.

 

Soreness isn't necessarily a measure of progress. Despite making great progress with my pike, I've never had any hamstring soreness after this series. Follow coach's advice to be uncomfortable but not in pain. And be patient. Your body will open up with consistent work.

Mad Grappler

Thanks Douglas! I'll just keep working.

dritar

The calves soreness goes away with practice. These days I don't get sore at all in the calves (just slightly in the hamstrings), but I recall very vividly couldn't walk properly for 3 days after the first time I did FS Stretch, kinda funny to look back on it :).

Mad Grappler

Thanks dritar!!! The sorenes finally crept away. Just in time for my second stretch in the am