Pancake stretch coupled with shoulder mobility

Started by J0X, July 14, 2015 · 1 Replies · 2,064 Views

J0X

I have a question regarding the weighted pancake stretch in combination with holding a bar (I use 10kg) directly over the shoulders.

 

Is it preferable to grasp the bar with the palm of my hand pointing forwards or backwards?

 

For the former it is a dislocate position that is moderately uncomfortable for me, could someone clarify what I should be feeling in the shoulders when in this position? I try to actively push the bar upwards and retract the scaps and engage the upper back.

 

For the latter grip it is simply a weighted shoulder extension that feels great, i allow the bar to travel to the ground and pull me further into the stretch.

Cole Dano

It's a dislocate like movement in the shoulders.

Bar stacked over the shoulders in the bottom.