Sorry if there is already a thread on this but thinking of purchasing the stretch series bundle and was wondering what equipment will be needed if I do so.
Equipment needed for stretch series
Started by griffin, July 14, 2015 · 16 Replies · 11,051 Views
Bungee cord or equivalent for bridge
Yoga block or equivalent and wall access for front split
Wall access for middle split
Stopwatch, visible clock, or timer for all ![]()
Oh, also couch, steps or other similar-height platform for bridge ![]()
Thanks, any recommendations for bungee cords looking on amazon and so many different sizes etc.
I dont have any bungee cord here ..... any alternative possible ?
Once you purchase the course, there is a detailed thread about the correct bungee cords and handles to use in the Thoracic Bridge forum.
Rahul said:I dont have any bungee cord here ..... any alternative possible ?
Bungee is cheap at a hardware store. Buy a long length and tie bowlines on the ends for handles. Problem solved.
You also need a thera ball or swiss ball for inverted cat stretch
Ramboni said:You also need a thera ball or swiss ball for inverted cat stretch
A ball is best, but tbh I've been using a couch armrest for this ![]()
These are good as resistence bands for the thoracic bridge course?
or
1st is far too heavy
2nd, it may say bungee but I'm certain from the cover that it's a standard latex band with a cloth cover.
I think it would be best if the correct equipment is available here , so we can just buy it . ![]()
Agreed, which is why our specially designed Mobility Bands are currently in the manufacture process. ![]()
Very cool
Any news on the GB mobility bands??
Thoracic bridge doesn't require a stall bar. You just need a fixed object that you can loop the bungee around. I use one of the legs of my bed frame. Works fine.
griffin said:Thanks, any recommendations for bungee cords looking on amazon and so many different sizes etc.
Matt Mutch said:Since there seems to be some unanswered questions here, I thought I would bring some interest back to this thread. From what I can summarize of this thread so far:
Theratube/rubber tubing
Pros: inexpensive, easy-to-find, stronger bands (blue,black) recommended as green may not provide adequate resistance
Cons: doesn't maintain a consistent tension throughout stretch, may not provide correct resistance for given exercise, poor durability
Sport cord
Pros: ideal bungee material with handles ready for use, more durable than Theratube
Cons: some say too short, others (6ft or 183cm stature) have used them with no concern about length
Bungee/shock cord/Novabraid
Pros: recommended material by GB for consistent resistance through stretch
Cons: only available in very short lengths (with hook ends) or in very long spools. Choosing diameter is entirely dependent on your abilities. Handles sold separately, some assembly required.
Ideally, Coach recommends having a few different diameters on hand. For those who are buying bungee/shock cord by the spool and don't want to buy multiple spools and end up with hundreds of feet of cord, it is wise to start with bungee that is about 1/4 inch or 6mm in diameter and work your way up in thickness. Also, I've read that 12 ft (365cm) is an ideal length. Does anyone agree/disagree/tried different lengths?
That post was quoted from the Thoracic Bridge Band Pull thread referred to in a previous post here. I recently ordered some shock/bungee cord at 1/4" diameter. I'm 6'2" so I cut it to about 12 feet and it seems to do the job. I left it adjustable so I can shorten the length as I progress. Hope this helps.