My son is considering switching from 4 day f+hs to 2 day integrated for more stamina and because he feels it fits more with his schedule. Is this okay?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
2 Day Integrated switch
Started by vannybute, July 14, 2015 · 5 Replies · 166 Views
Whenever you change give it a full 4 week cycle then reassess at the end. i have experimented with many formats. They all work well. If you feel like you need to have more recovery then reduce the frequency of workouts. If you need to practice the skill of the exercise increasing the frequency will help.
Thank you! One more question: right now we can't afford the stretching routines but he put together basic stretches that seem to be quite effective. Should he do a upper body, lower body, or overall stretch after handstand? What about foundation?
GenericGymnast said:Thank you! One more question: right now we can't afford the stretching routines but he put together basic stretches that seem to be quite effective. Should he do a upper body, lower body, or overall stretch after handstand? What about foundation?
I'm going to talk based on my experience with myself. I don't like to stretch prior any strength training because when I'm in the workout I feel my muscles and body too saggy due to the fact that I'm not very stiff. So, maybe stretch before a session will be great for stiff people but if you're son is already flexible he can ended up being too saggy and without the proper body tension that you need for some positions. Just my two cents
I mean post workout stretch. ![]()
GenericGymnast said:I mean post workout stretch.
Oh ! My mistake, sorry.