hip/groin popping

Started by NDM, July 13, 2015 · 6 Replies · 3,174 Views

NDM

I have been having trouble with popping in the front of my hip/groin area while doing straddle ups, i have full range of motion and its not painful, any ideas or solutions. Any advice would be appreciated

Cole Dano

Slow and controlled negatives can help.

The Middle Split Course is very helpful for hip issues.

m6shifter

did you go see a osteopath. It could be FAI. I had the same issue w/popping . I would get that checked with proper diagnoses.

NDM
m6shifter said:

did you go see a osteopath. It could be FAI. I had the same issue w/popping . I would get that checked with proper diagnoses.

what did they say reguarding this problem

m6shifter

My osteo Dr. told me to avoid exercises that irritate the hip. Which for me is kinda tough because your hip is used in everyday situations. FL and Manna  definately irritate it. I do not do the full F1 session  for SLS  Manna  and SL I just do a couple sets and other exercises that a PT gave me.  you can also read the thread I started also.

 

 You might not have FAI  Get it checked.

rg8032

Sounds like internal snapping hip syndrome. Typically caused by the iliopsoas tendon snapping across the iliopectineal eminence. Emerging research is finally linking this to FAI (femoroacetabular impingement). Some theories suggest that postural compensations lead to excessive tension (tone) being placed on the iliopsoas. Slow negatives can reduce the incidence of popping. Stretching can temporarily increase the length of the iliopsoas and inhibit the stretch reflex which may reduce postural tone enough to reduce the likelihood of snapping. Continued reliance on the iliopsoas as a main postural muscle can make long term stretching gains difficult as the body will reset the iliopsoas' s postural tone and stretch reflex if the new ROM is not "owned" by addressing stability and motor control within it.

Just my 0.02. Good luck.

DanPlanche

Hmm is this why my

Forward hip tilt never gets better ? My hip pops when doing leg raises. And front kicks . Do I need to strengthen the hip flexors in that range then ?