This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HBP/PE3

Started by Ben G, July 12, 2015 · 5 Replies · 247 Views

Ben G

https://youtu.be/GuhK329oRgs

 

 

Hi,

 

I've been struggling with this one for a while now, but recently have made some good progress. Do I have enough lean? I can see from the video that I'm not as rigid as I thought I was, so I'll work on that this week. And my feet keep curling up on me, but do they need to be extended?  

BrettCross

Hi Ben,

I had to copy and paste the link to see your vid. Not sure what's up with that.

I think your lean at the start looks good! You appear to lose a little as you adjust your feet through the set, but not much. IMHO you should get your PPT locked down and work on being more rigid as you say. Your feet curling up is probably an indication of your body drifting backwards and/or piking at the hips to decrease load. I think your feet should be extended and still. Hard to say with your shirt on but you appear to be doing a good job of protraction.

Ben G

Thank you Zach and Brett. Glad to know I have enough lean. I'll work on my PPT and feet over the next couple of weeks.

I'm not sure what's wrong with the link, I have to copy and paste also.

Thanks again guys.

Cole Dano

Just paste the url straight without media tags and the link will show up in your post.

Ben G

Here is my 4th set. I can meet the mastery reps and tempo with 5lb for mobility. Don't think my form is there though.

Advice is appreciated. My feet keep curling up on me, not sure how to fix it. And I have a little more lean typically but my wrists are really sore. This where I'm at today though.

Jon Douglas

Body shape is pretty good there but yes, requires a bit more lean. You might try turning your wrists out a bit to help the lean; typically i have the space between my forefinger and thumb pointing straight forward, putting my thumb out at an angle.

Protraction is a little iffy at the top of some reps. I can't say for sure due to the shirt possibly obfuscating me, but it looks to me like just fatigue. All that's really required is more reps in my opinion :)