This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

RC/PE1 new & updated

Started by vannybute, July 11, 2015 · 14 Replies · 231 Views

vannybute

So we raised the rings as in the video, changed his angle, it felt even more natural and easy for him.

 

He's wondering how it looks.

 

https://vid.me/3QOG

 

 

chuchodani

Looks really good ! Just slow down the tempo and make sure hips end below rings.

vannybute

Thank you! Any advice for making a more controlled movement? Maybe some additional negatives on the side? He has a little trouble going slower, so he was wondering.

 

Thanks!

vannybute

Did you mean to say something other than "end the hips below the rings"? Because I never saw the rings go below the hips, just wondering... 

 

Thanks again

chuchodani

Yes sorry, I meant to say that at the top position hips should be just down the rings.

vannybute

Thanks again. still wondering what zach thinks though :P

 

Also, his IM needs serious help, will post vids tomorrow :)

vannybute

Is it normal to have to struggle a little during the workout, or should it be easy and painless (e.g. no struggle or effort whatsoever)? For instance, his muscles ache a little and fatigue during reps but he keeps on pushing, not sure if this is cheating or not...

chuchodani

It's normal to struggle because he's not in the mastery level, he's working to reach mastery. However pain is not a good thing in any situation.

vannybute

New version:

https://vid.me/MzGY

 

How is this looking? He's on week 6 and this was his last set.

 

 

Thanks,

GenericGymnast

chuchodani

I think he should make a longer pause at the top position and slow down the tempo a little. Work on it !

vannybute

He's going as slow at possible. Do you think he should go back to week 1 or it's fine?

vannybute

I think I get what you said, he will try even slower. Should I prop him up through the reps to enforce form? Also, can we raise the rings higher a little more? Angle is still less than 90 degrees.

MattiasF

For tempo, I have used a voice counting app. For this exercise I used 2 seconds up and 2 seconds down to feel confident that I had control through the whole movement. Feels great after some time when you get it completely smooth :-)

chuchodani

I thinks it's fine to stay on the same week, it would be even better if you're there and tell them when form is right or wrong. Raise the rings until you get the right angle.

vannybute

Hey Zach! A question: were you talking about the new video? If so, it seems to me that the hips are aligned. I'm probably mistaken, but could you elaborate just a bit?
 

Thanks