Thought I'd share this in case anyone found the info useful.
Been wanting to do more handstands on my paralettes at home, to give wrists a bit of a rest while still keeping up my practice ...however, at 6'1'' I was unable to do them on my regular parallettes since the ceilings in our home prevented me from straightening my legs!!
So with a little free time I knocked up a set of low parallettes from some wood I had at home, and some 32mm dowel from a hardware store:
What I did
1) Saw 4 blocks of wood, 1 for each end of two parallettes
2) Saw two lengths of thick pine dowel (mine were 32mm diameter)
3) Drill two 32mm holes through each end block, about 2/3 up (to leave room for fingers underneath)
4) Sawed off corners (in case I landed on them) leaving enough wood around holes for strength
5) Glued dowel into blocks (making sure they were level before the glue dried)
6) Sanded down all the rough edges, splinters, etc.

Turns out they are a pretty good size for storing under my TV cabinet, and not quite so scary for Planche training (in terms of less far to fall on my face - cushions or not). They are just about high enough to do L-sits on as well (now that I am strong enough to do with legs straight and level).
In retrospect:
If anything I would have made them slightly shorter, as they'd have been even more storable, and still give me plenty of leverage/stability. I am planning to put some rubber strips or similar on the bottom to make more grippy...they have been fine so far, but just want to play it safe.
I also think the wood looks and feels a lot nicer than PVC tubing. ![]()
Cheers,
George.