This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

MN/PE2 form check

Started by Javier, July 10, 2015 · 6 Replies · 141 Views

Javier

Hi,

I'm working on MN/PE2. I feel I'm starting to make some progress on it after 6-7 months. I'd appreciate a form check and feedback.

I'm still at 30 pounds on the jefferson. I'm moving very slowly on that one because of previous back problems. So far so good. I have the range of motion, but I think I'll still be at it for a few months before reaching the 40 pounds for mastery.

https://youtu.be/qbaCrV7d4X8

Chris Garay

Hi Javier,

 

Great effort! I'd say biggest issue would be to keep the legs completely, 100%, without-a-doubt locked out and straight. Contract your quads and extend your knees.

 

Perhaps also avoid "throwing" your arms at the top, and try to control both the entry and exit from the compressed straddle position.

 

Best,

Chris

Javier

Thanks, Chris! Great feedback.

Sean Hunter

Nice!

 

Just straighten those legs, point your toes, and i think you'll just need to clean it up a bit more.

 

It would be helpful if we could see your lower back to make sure you're maintaining PPT

Alessandro Mainente

Legs should be straight all the time. at the beginning you should focus on slow fluid movement, accelerated movements is suitable when you can manage a good number of reps.

Javier

Hi, 

 

I have uploaded my last effort yesterday, without the t-shirt, so you can see the lower back. In terms of controlling the movement, I'm more or less happy with the 2 last reps. I felt they were smoother and I had better control of the entry and exit from the compression. What do you think?

 

https://goo.gl/photos/zoy9VPUZoRkfvoXj9

 

Thanks again for all the feedback!

Chris Garay

Definitely looks like an improvement Javier! Like you said, continue polishing the control of the entry and exit from the compression. Your legs were straighter for the most part though! Nice work.