I have never done any kind of strength training until about 1 1/2 years ago when I started gymnastics.
The only thing I did and still do is a few pull-ups, dips, push-ups, squat jumps and leg lifts as part of regular gymnastics training along with a lot of handstand presses.
Today I went to the gym with my brother, just for fun. He is training everyday and his main purpose is just to look good for the girls ![]()
I wanted to try how much weight I can bench press, lat pull down and leg press.
I had no idea of how to use the machines or what to expect, so it was pretty funny.
Here is what I could do:
Bench Press: 121lbs
Leg Press: 308lbs
Lat Pull Down: 150lbs
I am 5'4'' and exactly 110lbs.
I don't like this kind of weight training at all, I think it is super boring. But does it help for gymnastics strength? Does it help for press handstands? And should I be able to bench press or leg press more for my weight?
Do you work out with weights?