This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

What place do Handstand blocks have in H1?

Started by Sean Hunter, July 10, 2015 · 6 Replies · 333 Views

Sean Hunter

Just noticed these on the GB homepage.

 

I'm finally getting into the freestanding work on H1 and was curious what role HS blocks 

have in H1 if any.

 

I actually have no idea how they benefit the handstand. Is it a grip thing?...if i were to grab these, would it just

be used for play, post-training?

 

Thanks!

Jeremy Huston

Nothing official in H1.  They take some of the strain off your wrist by letting your fingers take a more neutral position.  At the H1 level, cutting a 2x4 or 2x6 would probably be just as good.  Once your handstand rocks, the blocks would be better because they're super lightweight.

 

I made some blocks in a woodshop a while ago and don't use them for handstands.  I use them for stretching a lot though.

Keilani Gutierrez

they can be used to make handstand wallruns reeeeaaaally fun. :)

bigB
Keilani Gutierrez said:

they can be used to make handstand wallruns reeeeaaaally fun. :)

How do you do this?

Do you just alternate hands on ground and blocks?

Keilani Gutierrez
bigB said:

How do you do this?

Do you just alternate hands on ground and blocks?

yes! it starts off fun but it goes 0-100 real quick. that extra 2in press up is killer after a few sets. :)

Jeremy Huston

I need to give that a try!