This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Straddle Up (MN/PE2) Form Check

Started by Daniel Taylor-Shaut, July 9, 2015 · 3 Replies · 102 Views

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Have been working on this block only one time now, but after some previous correction I aimed to keep my straddle lower and to bring my chest higher, so that it is less of a straddle V-up than it is a tuck. Let me know how it looks. Thanks.

 

 

 

Here is the -im with 50lbs (5lbs added to a standard 45lb bar).

 

chuchodani

MN/PE2: You just need more compression and I'm not sure if you should increase the tempo a little.

iM: Looks good but you should aim for more ROM, perhaps maybe reducing the weight a little and going deeper.

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Noted, but what do you mean by compression? I'll also drop back to 45lbs on the bar. I had done the FSs the day before and was a bit tired due to jet lag from vacation, so stiffness ensued. I'll rock out the progression for another block. Regarding the tempo, I was only going slowly to ensure maximal contraction and use of the muscles so that the majority of the movement wasn't reliant on momentum. 

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Hmmm...I tried to keep them lower because you had said it looked like I was raising them TOO high before. I think, if I understand it correctly, it's more about hip contracting up towards the chest and keeping the chest up high than it is about abs crunching and  pulling the torso forward? Not sure if I wrote that clearly enough.