Nemesis #2. This is probably my 4th restart on this progression, always something to fix. Im happy for any feedback, harsh comments are much appreciated :-)
Cheers,
Mattias
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by MattiasF, July 9, 2015 · 5 Replies · 143 Views
Nemesis #2. This is probably my 4th restart on this progression, always something to fix. Im happy for any feedback, harsh comments are much appreciated :-)
Cheers,
Mattias
I think that a common mistake is to activate the protraction + depression and PPT before beginning the starting position of a push up. usually beginners tend to lose the ppt when they assume the correct bodyline before extending the legs, as in your case.
Achieve the starting position, then fix the bodyline, then do the pushup.
Thanks Alessandro, really appreciate your time and feedback, I will play around with getting into the position. What is the visual que that gives away my lack of PPT?
Hey Mattias,
I think the lack of Posterior Pelvic Tilt is noticeable due to a slight piking of your hips. Do you have Handstand 1? If so, check out some of the later iM's that involve different PPT drills. Good luck!
Best,
Chris
I do have H1 and will check them out, thanks Chris.
The pike certainly annoys me. My hip flexor/quad mobility is terrible (I'm one of those that can hardly sit straight in the vertical lunge FS stretch) will that affect my ability to perform PPT correctly with straight legs?
Hi Mattias,
Yes, tight hip flexors and/or quads can make PPT with straight legs harder to achieve. Keep stretching!
Best,
Chris