This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SL/PE2 Elbow side plank twist form check

Started by MattiasF, July 9, 2015 · 6 Replies · 182 Views

MattiasF

Feels a bit tight on the left side. Any feedback is much appreciated.

https://youtu.be/hku29ZzDI2k

Cheers,

Mattias

chuchodani

When you were on your left side your right foot did something strange, keep your feet on the floor all the time. At some reps you didn't touch the floor, be careful with that. At top position you're reaching too much behind you, just reach vertical. Remember to keep your head neutral. 

Nacho training

Your upper leg should be placed in front of the botton leg. In addition, you should rotate all your body. You should try to rotate until you are in a front plank, but only supported by one arm. 

Nacho training

Hi Zach. Maybe we did a variation of the exercise in the Stroud Seminar. We finished in a kind of front plank, just supported by one arm. So really engaging your obliques, because of the only one arm support. I don't want to say to finish in front plank, but one should try to rotate all the body. Do you know if there is another variation of the exercise?

MattiasF

Thanks for your insight guys, this progression has annoyed me for some time and I can't seem to get it right.

Chuchodani: Thanks, will work on these issues.

Nacho: Hmm, in the course video the top leg is behind the bottom leg?

Zach: This makes sense. In relation to my video, should I keep the hips more fixed?

What about alignment, should the front or back leg be in line with the body? Does it matter? Seems logical to have the back leg in line and front leg slightly in front of the body to keep the balance.

Nacho training

Yes I reviewed the video and the upper leg is behind the bottom leg. In addition, I think that I have explained it bad because I am from Spain and my English still has to improve. I think that the hips are horizontal at the end of the rotation, but you should not rotate all the body. Zach has explained it much better. Sorry for the inconvenience. Keep up the training!

MattiasF

Thanks Zach, very much appreciate your time and thoughtful advice.