This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Wrist pain during bridge push-ups

Started by Edoardo Cagnola, July 9, 2015 · 8 Replies · 198 Views

Edoardo Cagnola

My strength in these has improved a lot since the course come out, but I've noticed that after three to four reps my wrist start having some kind of discomfort. It does go away after I stop the set, but I think there might be in underlying issue there.

FYI I'm following H1 and actually do the TBS after my HS workout.

Is this a flexibility problem? How can I scale it so that I can eliminate the pain but still working on the push-ups?

Thanks for your attention :)

Edoardo Cagnola

Anyone?

Keegan

Are you doing the standard version or the scaled version?

Edoardo Cagnola

Feet on the stall bars. As far as ROM I still have some inches to go before my head can touch the ground

Mark Collins

Where are you at with the wrist series?

For the time being do reduced ROM.

Cole Dano

Make sure to bring your hands in close to the shoulders to avoid pressing up from a compromised angle at the wrist.

In extreme cases angled blocks under the hands can help by allowing the wrist to work from a more open angle.

Edoardo Cagnola

@Mark: I'm on SE2/3 on all elements. oday was my bridge day and I just reduced the ROM as you've suggested and the pain was reduced, but still there.

I think what Cole's pointed out could be the main problem. I'll try to bring my hands closer since now I keep them just outside shoulder width, and see if it makes a difference.

Thanks for your inputs guys! :)

Cole Dano

Let us know how it goes and don't be afraid to post a form check video.

Edoardo Cagnola

Will do. Thanks again :)