This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Finish all F1 BEFORE moving on to F2?

Started by Matthew Callahan, July 8, 2015 · 3 Replies · 323 Views

Matthew Callahan

Hi All, 

 

I've lurked here for years, and now I need some help. I've searched all over, but haven't found an answer. 

 

TL;DR:

 

Should I finish all Foundation 1 progressions before moving on to Foundation 2? 

 

Long question: 

 

I have done Foundation 1 for about a year now. For the HBP I'm on PE12, but I'm not able to progress beyond this point. The problem is my L-Sit, not my pressing (I can do 5x5 Bulgarian Ring Dips, without a problem). This has pushed me to consider that perhaps I should wait for my Manna progressions to aid the L-Sit. I find that when I perform the Russian Dip in the L-Sit my chest dips and I lose the L-Sit on or around my 4th rep. 

 

Thanks in advance for any help!

 

Matt

Dylan Robertson

I'd say move on when you finish that element. So you could have 1 element in F2 and another in F1. If your problem is the L-Sit then maintaining your strength from The Element below L Russian Dips would be best while waiting for your L-Sit. This way you won't lose any strength and you're just waiting on your L-Sit,

chuchodani

It's pretty normal to have your elements in different levels, just follow the rules and wait until you can show mastery to move to the next exercise. If you're stuck on a element due to some weak links, as stated above, wait until the other progressions aid your problem.

Matthew Callahan

Thank you so much! Just what I was imagining.

 

I like the idea of sitting one element below to maintain strength instead of languishing at the one I can't complete. 

 

I appreciate your help!

 

Matt