This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Form check HBP/p3

Started by Javier, July 7, 2015 · 3 Replies · 87 Views

Javier

Hi,

I'm working on HBP/P3. I would appreciate a form check. I am guessing I am still far from mastery, but would appreciate the feedback.

Cheers!

Javier

chuchodani

Hi Javier ! You're leading the movement with your chest and in consequence piking at bottom position. Instead, you want your hips to touch the ground before your chest holding a straight line all the time. Try the exercise barefoot and see if that way is more comfortable.

Sean Hunter

I've seen people post this type of movement and call it a pseudo planche push-up...nope.

 

First, don't start from the bottom. Begin in a plank and do a planche lean.

 

...and you're lacking protraction so focus on that. 

 

Next, Focus on getting the hips to the ground instead of angling your torso down.

 

Thirdly, and this is important, your forearms MUST be angled forward at the bottom of the position. Yours are straight at the bottom. This is what makes a pseudo planche push-up different (i.e. harder) than a regular push-up...

 

Clean this up and you should be good.

Javier

Even I wouldn't call that a PPP thanks for all the advice. I'll try to implement it and report back on progess!