mobility issues since march

Started by m6shifter, July 7, 2015 · 0 Replies · 1,390 Views

m6shifter

 I have been doing F1 for over 2 years now. In march I was diagnosed with facet osteoarthropathy of lower left back. This has been a nuisance since then. But the real problem is I was also diagnosed w/femoracetabular impingement  in my left hip in april.

  Ever since starting F1 while doing front lever segment and manna segment it has irritated my left hip. It got really bad in April. So I was given a series of exercises to do to help alleviate the problem of  FAI. Any straddle just aggravates it more. Or lifting of left leg.

 Is any one experienced with this condition. Since March I have been doing F1 3 days a week. With the SLS,SL and Manna being The 1 day only exercises for 1 or 2 sets w/exercises PT gave me which are.

 

1) side-lying hip abduction

2)supine hip abduction/adduction w/extended knee

3)resisted w/gray band side step

4)lying knee to chest

 

these I do about 15 ea side for 1 or 2 sets w/the 3 F1 exercises

 

Just doing daily movements can aggravate FAI. If anyone has gotten through this condition any advice would help. To me it kinda seems like I might have to live with this now. Funny thing is right leg has no issues at all.

 

BTW  55years old .