This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Dislocate Width

Started by vannybute, July 4, 2015 · 11 Replies · 449 Views

vannybute

I have a question, I've gone through previous threads to see,  but I am still confused.

 

For dislocates, what is the desired space between both hands(for mastery)? Is it 1.5 shoulder width?

Edoardo Cagnola

One hand outside shoulder width.

If you hold a stick with hand at shoulder width, for mastery you should have your thumbs where now you have your little fingers ( or whatever the last fingers of the hands are called :) ).

Cole Dano

But that said, you absolutely can not force this one.

Alessandro Mainente

Personally i've found the 1.5 shoulders distance being very similar to one hand on left and right BUT at shoulders distance i feel a new level of stretch especially on my chest.

Jon Douglas
Alessandro Mainente said:

Personally i've found the 1.5 shoulders distance being very similar to one hand on left and right BUT at shoulders distance i feel a new level of stretch especially on my chest.

Same experience here.

vannybute

Okay. If someone is at that point in the progression, how do they go from wide to narrow grip? Do they switch every 4 weeks a little bit? Or every 12? I'm confused, if mastery is required at the end of 12 weeks. Thanks

Alessandro Mainente

mastery has no defined time. it comes when it comes. give your body the time to adapt.

Jon Douglas

I have posted a fair bit on this in the mobility forum :)

Alessandro Mainente

Basically when you can easily to 5 slow reps you can  decrease the hands distance.

MattRobbo
Edoardo Cagnola said:

One hand outside shoulder width.

If you hold a stick with hand at shoulder width, for mastery you should have your thumbs where now you have your little fingers ( or whatever the last fingers of the hands are called :) ).

 

By hands at shoulder width, do you mean pinkies in line with the outside edge of your shoulder? So a hand outside that, my thumbs would effectively be inline with the outside edge of my shoulder?

Edoardo Cagnola

Just let your arms hang like you would normally when you're standing. Grab a stick with hands at that width. That's how I do it :)

MattRobbo

Cheers. Today  I'll start trying to undo 38 years of stiffness then!!