This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

First Training Cycle - How to progress

Started by Mike_R, July 4, 2015 · 2 Replies · 131 Views

Mike_R

Hi Guys,

 

I just wanted to check my understanding of how to progress through F1

 

I've done the PE1 Initial Assessment (humbled) and adjusted my workout settings to do a 3 day/ week training cycle. I figured I would start with this and see how things go.  Based on the results of the assessment I'm and starting from the very beginning.

 

Now click on My Workout -> This weeks workout to see the current workout. A couple of questions:

 

- If I feel like I could step up the intensity, should I? I'm simultaneously dropping body fat so things are becoming easier while I'm becoming stronger. I'm not in a rush so happy to stay the course.

 

- At the end of the 12 weeks if I have passed the mastery test for PE1 & PE1-iM do I need to make updates to the settings to get my next 12 week cycle?

 

- Say for example I pass mastery for every element except FL/PE1 which I'm stuck on week 9. Would I continue to advance through the other elements at a faster pace?

 

- whats the best way to manage un-even progress from a programming perspective

 

- Any recommendations on logging workouts?

 

Thanks for you suggestions and help.

 

Mike

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

chuchodani

If you feel like you can increase the intensity go for it, but never sacrifice form. Uneven progress is very common, don't worry about it, just make sure your deload weeks are in sync.

Mike_R

Cool thanks mate.