This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Pancake with a flat back

Started by Edoardo Cagnola, July 4, 2015 · 2 Replies · 190 Views

Edoardo Cagnola

I've found this video on the GB page on Facebook. It seems like a very interesting drill, at least to me, since my pancake is just like the one described as problematic at the beginning of the video. Although I haven't tried it yet, I think that I could benefit from it and I would like to implement it in my middle split routine. Can I safely start working on this? I'm asking this because it seems really similar to the floating pancake, and Coach also refers to this very same variation when describing the exercise, so I'm afraid I'm not quite ready to train it :)

PS: I suppose a good time to do it would be after the MS stretch series (?)

Chris Garay

Hi Edoardo,

As you can imagine, the answer here is gradual, progressive loading. Start with floating pancake with arms behind the head, then arms outstretched, then holding a PVC, then add 2.5 lbs, etc. You should feel a stretch through your hamstrings and adductors, not a strain or pain. Good luck!

Best,

Chris

Edoardo Cagnola

Thanks Chris! Given my stone made adductors I think I'll stay with the unweighted version for a while! :)