This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

how we count reps

Started by Ilmari, July 3, 2015 · 5 Replies · 310 Views

Ilmari

In working on exercises that have a right and left side, like SL/PE1, do we count 1 (ride side) 2 (left side) or 1R 1L, 2R 2L, etc.? Just wanting to make sure I'm doing the right number of reps as I progress.

 

Thanks!

 

Ilmari 

Alessandro Mainente

If the movement is with legs at the same time we count 1 rep every movement. If we use legs in separate movement left +right is one rep. I also suggest one rep more for the affected leg if you have asymmetrical legs.

Matt Albanese

So as a specific example, 30 Russian Twists = 15L/15R?   Is that correct?

Christoph Wahlers

That would interest me too. If Matt is right I did way to much reps on the russian twists.

Cole Dano
Matt Albanese said:

So as a specific example, 30 Russian Twists = 15L/15R?   Is that correct?

 

Yes. 

extend

At SL/PE1 the deload in the second and third block says an uneven number.

5x9r and 5x15r

 

Maybe this make people unsure about the right counting. Maybe it's better to write there an even number.

 

In the thread "Foundation One Exercises F.A.Q." is an explanation for the counting to the iM. Maybe it makes sense, to expand this explanation, that the same applies to the strength exercises.