This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Protraction in sPL/PE3

Started by Edoardo Cagnola, July 2, 2015 · 3 Replies · 162 Views

Edoardo Cagnola

I've been analyzing my planche lean form a lot lately, mainly to check the position of my scapulae. I've noticed that my depression in quite good but I'm pretty weak at protraction. To strengthen it I've backed off to PE1, mastered it again and now I'm re-working on PE3. 

I've noticed that my scaps are still sticking out a little when I practice this movement: is this enough protraction? (first photo)

I've also noticed that my scaps stick out a little even if a have almost no load on my hands (second photo). Does this mean that the second photo represents my current maximal protraction ability?

Thanks for your time :)

 

 

post-14515-0-49411200-1435837823_thumb.p

post-14515-0-21961700-1435837998_thumb.p

chuchodani

Looks good to me, it's impossible not see the scaps a little.

Alessandro Mainente

It is normal when your add depression to protraction, depression is limiting the full scapular lateral rotation so in this way you can distinguish a position with depression or not!

Edoardo Cagnola

Thanks guys! I guess for once I was being too picky! It's just that I feel that planche leans are soooo important that I want them to be as close to perfect as I can (now)! I'm sure I'll be padding myself on the shoulders in the future when all of these months on PE5 will pay off :)