This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS/PE1>im Form Check. Am I even doing this exercise correctly?...

Started by WrldsGr8testDad, July 1, 2015 · 7 Replies · 193 Views

WrldsGr8testDad

Hey everyone,

Not sure I'm even doing this mobility exercise correctly.  Below are a side view video and a dorsal view video.

 

I would greatly appreciate any feedback you can give me.

 

Thanks,

Craig

 

side view:

https://youtu.be/Sjm10pONHjk

 

dorsal view

https://youtu.be/UNt2CbWCyrg

 

chuchodani

Looks pretty clean ! Maybe around the end you lost just a little bit of flexion, but to me looks good, scapula both elevated and protracted. I'm not able to see your rib cage because you're wearing a shirt.

WrldsGr8testDad

Thank you very much chuchodani.  

 

(The internet does not need video of me without a shirt on :wacko: ;  I was very focused on keeping my ribs down)

 

-Craig

Cole Dano

Nice work. No need to take your shirt off, your back is clearly flat.

 

At my age I have more hair on my shoulders than my head, so I feel you on the keep the shirt on sentiment.

 

As far as your user name goes, it's clearly in error, as last I heard that's me.

WrldsGr8testDad

Thank you Coach Dano.  Thanks again chuchodani.

 

"WrldsGr8testDad" is my Twitter handle.  Twitter would not let me have that username if it weren't true, right?

 

-Craig

Alessandro Mainente

Be extremely sure that the weight is equally divided between the 2 arms. if you stop on the dorsal view you can check that the distance from left hand-plate and right hand-plate it is not the same. i had this bad habit in the past. it is a starting point to develop imbalances over the traps.

vannybute

This may be simply a flexibility issue that will be fixed over time, but the prime goal (if I'm not mistaken :P) is to get that top half of the dislocate and really engage flexion. So as you lean forward, actively use that lean to push your shoulders back while elevating a bit.

Keegan

^Not correct about the dislocate. There should be no "dislocating" in this exercise, only pure shoulder flexion.